Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wk 4-Think Out Loud 2



After giving it some thought, I have decided to focus on submitting the paper for the publishing and leadership project.  In the future months, I may feel ambitious enough to put together a presentation to submit later.  I did not have ay idea before the Wimba during week 3 that publications were very strict on submissions to multiple journals.  I had originally though of the process as similar to applying for a job where you submit to as many as possible.  Knowing that this is not the case has made me think about venues for submission that are related to the work that I have done.  The audience for the work is so important.  In light of this information, I began to research the publications for the National Art Education Association.  They publish several journals worldwide dealing with issues in art education.  For this assignment, one of the biggest problems will be the submission process. The NAEA is one of the only organizations that require submissions to be mailed.  I will still submit my work but I am also going to submit to the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education.  This journal takes online submissions so I will have my proof of submission sooner than the other journal.

Image courtesy of the NAEA website.

No comments:

Post a Comment