Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wk 4 Peer Comment-Cheryl

I too liked the parts of this week’s reading discussing generating a spark and the WE story.  Both are so important in education.  Lighting a spark can motivate students.  The WE story makes us think about us and our students as part of a unified whole.  This can only improve our interactions with each other.  You are right…It does change attitudes!


My favorite part of this weeks reading was that we need to generate a spark of possibility for others to share (hence my photo).  Chapters 9 and 12 were for me the most meaningful.  Besides the spark in chapter 9, I also liked the story of the hyper ten year old doing soooo well at conducting! My youngest son has been very active his whole life, and now he is the top order puller at his warehouse job nearly every month.  As educators we need to remember to look for what our students can excel at and help them find that level of achievement.  In chapter 12, we are told to approach all issues with "we" instead of "I".  Now that I am dealing with 3 paraprofessionals, "we" has become a favorite word in my vocabulary! The other part of chapter 12 that I loved was the story of the girl telling the lady that she knew what she wanted.  After thinking, the lady went to the store and brought back a can of beef stew.  It was exactly what what was wanted, and sometimes we need to remember to give our students and the people we work with that can of stew.  It can change attitudes and whole days.  Have a great day! Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment